What I’m up to
I am making good progress (considering it’s been two full days) on my current game project so I thought I’d write some sort of feature set I’d like to reach on release.
In a nutshell, I am working on a cross between HellDivers and Starcraft. A long time ago I used to play Battlezone 1 & 2 (and Natural Selection later on) and I always appreciated the fact that could change the outcome of a RTS game using your skills rather than pure strategy.
So, here’s a list of the main features I am aiming for;
- Local and Networked multiplayer
- Skirmish matches (instead of a campaign, for now)
- Keyboard+Mouse & Controller support (Playing with a DS4 already)
- Steam (Win/Mac) + PS4 support, eventually.
- Lua modding for game modes (Probably later on)
In terms of settings and such, no idea. We’ll see in a couple of months. It’s a huge undertaking so I’m hoping I’ll be able to bring “Action RTS” to fruition.